The beginning of my journey : Melbourne and Melliadora

I have been trying to work on this blog to make it more readable with not much success...
But I promise you I am working on it!! I guess I first need to get my ideas and projects sorted out first before I can communicate.

Anyways, this blog is desperately in need of a recent article to show I am still alive, up and running around the world with a permaculture lens.
In fact here is a picture of me freshly arrived in Melbourne on April 1st!


I stayed a few days wandering around Melbourne to get a feel of the city and of Australia. Coming from California, I had the feeling that things where not so different here than there : more or less the same climate, same big highways, same cheap supermarkets, same sprawl of individual houses... it's only that things where sort of different : it's fall when north it was spring, people drive on the left side... and a few other things. Also a LOT of foreign people, which felt nice actually. People here are really open, you can start having a conversation with anybody on the street, and marvelous things happen, it's magic! :)


I serendipitously came across a couple of community vegetable gardens right in the middle of the city!
Very welcoming :)














I then left Melbourne to go wwoof at Melliadora, David Holmgren's home...


The passive solar house surrounded by it's beautiful vegetable garden












Here I worked with Eunice (landscaper from Portugal) and Patricia (forester from Brazil), two wonderful women I enjoyed working with!
With Sue, we were a great girl team!






During my whole stay, I would not realize how this stay there actually changed me. Thanks to Sue and David, it is no longer in Australia that we were, but they gave us a trip to Permaculture Wonderland!...

A really amazing and sensible place to be. :)

Commentaires